What should you do at the scene of a car accident?
If you are involved in a car accident in Baltimore, it is important to stay calm and take the following steps to protect yourself and any other individuals involved:
1. Check for injuries: If you or anyone else is injured, call 911 immediately and get medical attention.
2. Call the police: Even if the accident appears to be minor, you should report the crash to the police. They will document the accident and help determine who is at fault.
3. Exchange information: Get the contact and insurance information of the other driver(s) involved in the accident. You should also provide your own information to the other driver(s).
4. Document the scene: Take pictures of the crash scene, including any damage to your vehicle and the other vehicle(s) involved. You should also make note of any witnesses to the accident.
5. Notify your insurance company: It is important to notify your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident. If you plan on seeking legal representation, let the adjuster know that you want to talk to your lawyer before you give a written or recorded statement about the crash.
6. Seek legal counsel: If anyone was injured in the crash, strongly consider getting a lawyer. A lawyer can help you navigate the process and protect your rights. Many Baltimore car accident injury lawyers only charge a fee after they win in court or settle your case.
What should you consider when deciding whether to get a Baltimore car accident lawyer?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer after a car accident helps you get the best possible outcome. The bottom line is that you are far more likely to be fairly compensated by the insurance company when you are represented by a lawyer.
There are many reasons for this. A good lawyer will:
1. Evaluate your case. An injury lawyer will review the details of your case and advise you on the best course of action. They can help you determine whether you have a strong case and what damages you may be entitled to.
2. Gather evidence. Your attorney will gather all the necessary evidence to build a strong case for you. This may include police reports, witness statements, medical records, and other documentation.
3. Negotiate with the insurance company. Experienced Baltimore car accident attorneys know how to best negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the maximum compensation possible.
4. File a lawsuit, if necessary. Sometimes a lawsuit is necessary to obtain a fair result, and experienced Baltimore lawyers will file a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
Make sure you have enough insurance coverage! Learn more about the risks of Maryland minimum coverage here: https://getmorethantheminimum.com/